Hiring A Water Damage Company in Poughkeepsie, NY
Most homeowners deal with water damage in one of two ways. They either go to social media asking for recommendations or decide to DIY the cleanup. While these are two valid choices, they aren’t always the best decision, especially when time is of the essence.
With water damage, it’s important that homeowners don’t waste time looking around for a company they can trust. They should be able to reach out to a professional right away to mitigate the damage. Hiring a water damage company in Poughkeepsie, NY doesn’t have to be difficult. Keep reading to learn more about some tips that can help homeowners choose a reliable contractor.
Find a Company You Can Trust
Choosing a trustworthy company is about more than finding a crew that is easy to get along with. They should also be reliable, professional, and knowledgeable of their tools and methods.
To verify these things, it’s important that homeowners hire experts who can provide references. This gives homeowners the opportunity to see how happy past customers were in the long run. Past customers should be able to answer the following questions:
- Were they satisfied with the results?
- Did they end up with mold after?
- Did the company make it right?
If homeowners know personally know someone who has hired the company before, they can also be a great reference to check.
Choose Contractors with Immediate Availability
It only takes 24 hours for mold to start growing in a home affected by water damage. For that reason, there is no time to waste when choosing a contractor. There certainly isn’t any time to waste waiting on their next available appointment.
If a contractor isn’t able to come to the property immediately, homeowners should consider a different option. A professional would know the true value of getting started on a project right away. In fact, most offer 24/7 emergency services. That means that a homeowner can call them anytime—day or night—to request their assistance.
Pick a Restoration Team with Comprehensive Service
Next to availability, it’s important to consider services when hiring a water damage company in Poughkeepsie. There are some contractors who may only offer water extraction and drying, but water damage cleanup is much more than that. For that reason, homeowners should only work with water damage restoration crews that offer full-service solutions.
When working with a team that provides comprehensive services, homeowners can not only save themselves money, but they can also eliminate the stress of juggling multiple contractors.
Before hiring a water damage restoration company, homeowners should verify that they handle:
- Assessment: The company should come ready to document the extent of the damage. They can even take this time to mitigate further destruction by locating the source and stopping the flow of water.
- Water Extraction: Professionals have access to industrial pumps and heavy-duty vacuums that can remove any standing water from the affected area.
- Drying: They should also be equipped with commercial dehumidifiers and air movers that can increase circulation and remove excess moisture.
- Sanitizing: There is always a risk of mold growth and other contaminants, so trusted professionals should be able to wipe down all surfaces with disinfecting solutions.
- Contents Restoration: Homeowners may need to restore some items in their homes, but most water damage experts can assist with that process.
- Reconstruction: The best water cleanup crews should also be able to help with rebuilding and repairing the house so that it is returned to its pre-loss condition.
Ask About Insurance Claims Assistance
One of the biggest mistakes homeowners make is attempting to handle the insurance claims process on their own. Water damage restoration crews have firsthand experience dealing with insurance companies, so they can help homeowners get the most coverage. They can fully document that damage with photos and paperwork, and they can even fill out the claim on your behalf so that homeowners don’t have to pay as much out of pocket.
Learn More About Water Damage Companies in Poughkeepsie, NY
Hiring a water damage company in Poughkeepsie doesn’t have to be stressful. Homeowners should consider the tips in this guide to help them make the choice easier. They can start by requesting more information from the experts of First Call Restoration. The company’s emergency services are available 24/7, and their skilled technicians have the experience and equipment to handle any water damage.
Homeowners can get in touch with their team of trusted professionals by calling (845) 442-6714. The company also has a simple online form that Poughkeepsie residents can fill out to learn more about the company’s services.