If you have a sewage backup or spill in your home, you should contact a professional sewage cleaning company as soon as possible. The longer you wait, the more damage will be done and the cleanup will be more difficult and expensive. Not only that, but it can be hazardous to your and your family's health. To deal with sewage water backup, contact First Call Restoration right away.
“One Call and We Take Care of it ALL”
We work with ALL Insurance Companies
Available 24hrs/7 days
Cleaning Up A Sewage Backup
Is One Call Away
Drains that are overflowing would call for emergency sewage cleanup since the spill has already occurred. Although you may be concerned about stains, sewage can cause structural damage, too. The longer you wait, the higher the chance plaster and drywall will crumble, and wooden studs and subfloors could warp. Additionally, there's an exponential increase in the risk of contracting a disease in your household when you wait since sewer water contains hazardous bacteria. It might look clear, but the water isn't clean.
Overflowing drains would necessitate emergency sewage cleanup because the spill has already occurred. Although you may be concerned about stains, sewage can also cause structural damage. The longer you wait, the more likely plaster and drywall will crumble and wooden studs and subfloors will warp. Furthermore, because sewer water contains dangerous bacteria, waiting increases your household's risk of contracting a disease exponentially. The water may appear clear, but it is not.
The sooner you contact us, the sooner we can resolve the issue. Our team of certified professionals is ready to take your call [during business hours]. We'll arrive quickly to assess the damage and begin the restoration process. Call us right away.
Health and Safety Are The First Priority
- Individuals with compromised immune systems should be evacuated from the structure until it has been judged safe for occupancy, (e.g. the very young, the elderly, those who have undergone recent surgery or chemotherapy, and those whose immune systems are suppressed.
- The next step: various cleaning and decontamination procedures must be used, including the removal of all highly porous materials (e.g. carpets, underlay (pad, cushion), wallboard, insulation, hardwood floors) affected.
- All other surfaces that can be restored must be thoroughly cleaned and sanitized.
These are some of the disease causing organisms in Sewage
- E Coli - read more about it @ en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Escherichia_coli
- Hepatitis A - read more about it @ en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hepatitis_A
- Bacteria - read more about it @ en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bacteria
- Salmonella - read more about it @ en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salmonella
- Respiratory Disease - read more about it @ en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Respiratory_disease
- Bacillary Dysentery - read more about it @ en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bacillary_dysentery
- Balantidiasis - read more about it @ en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Balantidiasis